Monday, November 23, 2015

Portraits in the Playroom


See this happy little stinker?  Mills is in her happy place surrounded by her best stuffed friends and a book. 


That happy place is this elephant saddle filled with stuffed animals in the playroom.  Can you find her in there?  Both of my children feel right at home snuggled up in it with a book.  For a long time, I only had the portrait of JR by the amazing Stella Ehrich hanging on the wall but I felt bad that Mills wasn't represented!  


I'm not quite ready to commission Stella to paint Millie's portrait yet because I want wait until she is four, like JR was in his but, in the meantime, I'm excited to create a bit of a gallery wall in the room with these sweet additions!

The letterpress silhouettes are from Minted and would make the best Christmas Gift!  Aren't they sweet? 



The watercolors were a birthday gift from our wonderful nanny, Kaitlin and were painted by her friend, Kara Tinsley


You might still be asking yourself why we have an elephant saddle in our house?  I love having pieces in my house that have a story and this one certainly does!  The elephant saddle belonged to my father-in-law who received it as a gift after he completed a film in Africa.  It sat in storage for a while and then my husband had it in his bachelor pad before we married.  He had a glass top cut for it and used it as a bar but now it stands filled with stuffed animals as a snuggle spot for our children.  Now that is coming full circle!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio